Monday, August 24, 2009

Roofing Excitement!

Saturday morning, Jon came over, and we did some roofing. It was easier than expected, and cheaper than expected, to install some valley flashing at the joint of the main structure and the garage addition. Now I must wait for rain to see if we did any good. This evening I might do a little digging to allow water to flow past the kitchen door rather than into the utility room door. That part is hard to explain, so I may just have to do it with pictures. For now, here are some highlights from Saturday.


Above, Jon beats something with a hammer.


I didn't realize that tar came in paint cans. I guess I never really put any thought into the question of how tar was packaged.


Cutting shingles is easy and fun!


Jon is bending some flashing to his will.


If someone were to have taken a photo of us from the ground, it would have looked like this.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment