Friday, August 7, 2009

Haven

When we first moved in, we were sleeping on an air mattress. Most of our stuff was packed away. Here is a glimpse into our state of affairs at that time.

As we get our stuff out of storage in the north side of our house, the following transformation has taken place:

It's downright cozy. Lots of stories to tell; perhaps I can tell them over the weekend. We found our local branch of the Tulsa City-County Library, which is exciting. Also exciting was my trip under the house. I didn't bring the camera with me, but I simply must in the future. I can tell you that the place is well-ventilated, the soil is very, very sandy, and the joists all look good. Except around the main sewer pipe, where the joists get complicated. No damage, just strange construction choices. My journey was cut short by foggy goggles, but I'll make another attempt before we start reflooring the kitchen.

Matthew 7:24-27 Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

(I just wanted to mention here that there were also rocks underneath the house.)

No comments:

Post a Comment