Monday, August 10, 2009

Notes from Underground

I said I forgot to bring my camera underneath the house with me; I remembered that I had crawlspace pictures anyway, though. Remember from the July 21st post, that Chris sacrificed half his body for the cause? We were adjusting some plywood height. Here was the final result.

Please note that Chris's eyes are not normally like that. Between the time we took the plywood off and then relaid it, this gaping hole existed in our home.

I stuck the camera down and took pictures in the four cardinal directions. To the west was the sewer pipe I mentioned.

Continuing around the circle, the view is something like this.



Now, this all looked pretty good to me. My only companions down there were a few snails. It was just a cool, sandy spot out of the sun. Like the beach, when you have an umbrella. But instead of a swimsuit, you are wearing coveralls and a gas mask, because this beach is soaked in pesticide.

Progress continued over the weekend, but I'm out of time! Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment