Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Essential Tasks

I wrote a few days ago about the need to establish a haven, a cozy place, as being our first priority. It turns out that there are higher priorities. Let me line it out for you.

Monday was our first full day in the house, but we started living there Sunday evening. We realized quite quickly that there were two major goals that needed immediate attention: solutions for sleeping and bathing. With these largely taken care of, we addressed another concern yesterday: eating. This was a big deal. Can I show you how our kitchen looked on Monday morning? You may be offended.




Are you not alarmed at the mass of sundries atop our stove? Are you not aghast at the swarming detritus in the floors and on the counters? Your amazement is about to be cranked up a notch. Behold what my wife managed in a single day!



That stuff was yummy. How do I know? I'm not just a chronicler, I'm a resident.



And I haven't shaven in a while. Not that I've taken a Nazarite vow or anything. Though this would be a convenient time...

Num 6:5 - All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth [himself] unto the LORD, he shall be holy, [and] shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment