Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Webulon's Revenge

Ah, Webulon, we meet again.



Check out that web. (Photography by Annie.) So, I'm mowing, minding my own business, when I almost run into this. Naturally, my first response is to show it to my wife. She runs and gets the camera, and you see the results here.

No, that's not interesting enough. Suppose it really happened this way:

The Webulon Hive Mind dispatched a Vengeance Agent to our location in the hopes of dispensing arachnid justice on the slayer of the last Webulon. This new Webulon lurked in the backyard, waiting for the perfect time to spring its venomy vengeance. When faced with yours truly, however, it just acted like an ordinary giant spider, until I knocked down its web and ran over it with the lawnmower. Its Octoid powers were no match for my high-speed spinning blade!

And now you know the truth.

Proverbs 26:18 - As a mad [man] who casteth firebrands, arrows, and death, So [is] the man [that] deceiveth his neighbour, and saith, Am not I in sport?

No comments:

Post a Comment