Monday, September 28, 2009

In Which an Air Conditioner Explodes

Our lawn has been in great need of mowing, since it has been raining for three weeks, it seems. My mother was invited to our home Saturday, intensifying my desire to cut the grass on Friday night. Work kept me late Friday, and I had to decline an invitation to get together with friends, but I was determined to get that yard done.

I mowed the back lawn first. This was so I would not be tempted to only partially complete the job. It was all or nothing.

Until I blew up the air conditioner. I was just starting on the side yard when I heard a loud hissing, felt a cold spray, and a large number flashed before my eyes: the cost of fixing what I just did. The lawnmower blade had cut into the line dryer on the condenser unit, and all the refrigerant had leaked out.

Our air conditioner guy is great, the actual number was smaller than what I had expected, and he even relocated the new line dryer so it wouldn't be in the lawnmower's path. Premium Air Services, if you would like the name of an extremely nice HVAC servicer who works Saturday mornings as a matter of course.

Also, Webulon returned!



More on Webulon tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! Justin, please don't get eaten by that enormous spider.

    ...Or is that Webulon? Egad!

    ReplyDelete