Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Doors

Sometimes doors stick. Often, planing is recommended. I thought, "Sure, we could plane those doors. Or we could take advantage of the fact that we have no trim and see what our other options are."

The other options ended up being to remove shims. I'll have to replace them, I'm sure, but these doors totally open and close without sticking now that the shims are out. An added plus is that the door jambs look straighter. In the end, I believe it was the right decision.

You might be able to perceive a slight bowing in the jamb as the gap gets narrower near the corners:




In other news, we recently purchased some door trim. I'll let you know what we do with that.

I Kings 7:5 - And all the doors and posts [were] square, with the windows: and light [was] against light [in] three ranks.

No comments:

Post a Comment