Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I Killed a Bush

Monday was Labor Day, meaning that it was a day where I was free to labor. I decided to attack the roots of the plants on the south side of the house, which we cut down the first day we owned it.

I thought the work would go quickly, as the ground is sandy. I set to work carving a bush's root system out of the ground, and it took me forty-five minutes of continuous hacking. A bush seems to have a really extensive root system. Astonishing, really. Good thing the shovel I was using had a sharp edge, and could cut through most of the roots with repeated strikes. The bush finally came free, and I gloated by carrying this ball of roots around like the severed head of Medusa.

Then it was dinnertime, and I was done hacking at roots. I'll continue working on those plants as time progresses, because they're starting to grow back.

Ecc 3:2 - A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted.

No comments:

Post a Comment