Friday, July 31, 2009

Transformers are hip again now, right?

Hey, everyone. When I left home this morning, it was an apartment. When I go home this afternoon, it'll be a house. Neat trick.

Wednesday was the last coat of polyurethane. I think the floors are looking gorgeous. We heard a good thing to do when you're moving into a place that needs more work is to make one spot a haven. No matter what's going on in another part of the house, there's a spot where you can go at the end of the day and feel cozy. That sounds better than focusing on trivial things like, say, the kitchen, or the floor joists, or the roof. :-) The psychological impact of having a safe place to go seems to overcome the rest of the priority list, so I think we'll spend our first full day getting that bedroom ready, if at all possible. What day will be our first full day? I'm not really sure. This whole process is a little fuzzier than I expected. That's what makes it a romantic adventure!

Isa 43:18-19 - Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, [and] rivers in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment