Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Crazy Elite Midnight Ninja Force!

Tuesday nights, the Singles group at our church has a get-together which usually runs from 7pm to about 10:30pm. It's a fun time. Last night, Annie and I went to pick up our polyurethane (we had gotten the wrong kind) beforehand, intending to stain our floors afterward.

We managed to recruit a couple of people to help us: Martha and Hannah. Together, the four of us inaugurated the Crazy Elite Midnight Ninja Force, a highly sought-after squad of stealth do-it-yourselfers. We arrived at the Claim Shanty about 10:30pm, and those ladies stayed until after midnight prepping the floor and keeping us laughing. Annie and I did get the floor stained (pictures forthcoming), but we didn't leave the house until after 2am. I'm a little tired right now, I'm not gonna lie.

My dad comes in this evening, and Annie and I hope to get some polyurethane down.


Ecc 8:16-17 - When I applied my heart to know wisdom and to see the business that is done on earth, even though one sees no sleep day or night, then I saw all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun. For though a man labors to discover [it], yet he will not find [it]; moreover, though a wise [man] attempts to know [it], he will not be able to find [it].
Maybe this no sleep thing isn't really worth it...
Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment