Friday, April 30, 2010

Mint Frosting

So, we got our new countertops, and we got our new tile, and we painted the lower cabinets. We then had to agree on what color the kitchen walls would be. This turned out not to be trivial. On an individual basis, we sifted through nearly a hundred different shades of yellow, violet, and green. We then ranked the top three or four of each color, and found that we were both particularly fond of a color called Mint Frost.

Now, Annie doesn't go for minty delicacies. They remind her of toothpaste, which she doesn't consider food for some reason I can't fathom. I, however, love mint. I've never met a culinary delight that included mint that I didn't like. And so I am thrilled that our kitchen walls are slowly turning into a constant reminder of the fact that when I get a mint and Annie gets a mint, what really happens is I get two mints.

Ecclesiastes 4:9 - Two [are] better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.

No comments:

Post a Comment