Saturday, April 17, 2010

Plywood Underlayment!!!

Plywood Underlayment!!! I use three exclamation points to try and make that sound exciting!!!

After leveling the floor (a little bit) by fixing the broken joist (kinda), I laid down some 1/4 inch plywood on top of the asphalt felt. Here is what that looked like!


Once all the sheets were arranged on the floor, we breathed a sigh of relief. We had been living with a tar paper kitchen for over a week.


THIS IS A PICTURE OF ME BEING STUPID.


Apparently, when securing plywood to a floor, one must use deck screws, not finish nails. So, once I had nailed all these sheets down, I had to find the joist locations. Since the joists were under a layer of plywood, tar paper, and 3/4" subfloor, I had to go into the crawlspace and call out measurements for Annie to write down. After that, I came back up and marked all of the joists on the floor:


I like blue lines. We got a ton (3 lb.) of ceramic-coated deck screws and went crazy.

THIS IS A PICTURE OF ME BEING SMARTER.


I should have gotten advice beforehand.

Ecclesiastes 10:10 - If the iron be blunt, and he do not whet the edge, then must he put to more strength: but wisdom [is] profitable to direct.

No comments:

Post a Comment