Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wainscoting.

So, after affixing one panel to the wall, I would generally have to cut another one. I didn't have a large table saw at my disposal, so the edges were a little jagged. This didn't matter on the shorter wall so much, because the panel abuts a large piece of trim that will hide the edge when it's caulked. However, there is another piece on the longer wall that may not hide so easily. (You'll need to zoom in on these.)




There is a reason it looks a little icky. Instead of trying to put the joints on studs, where I could nail the edges into solid wood, I opted to try a location where I could cut out a hole from the edge that would open for the electrical socket. THIS WAS A MISTAKE. Always try to get your joints to match up at a stud.

Tonight, I have to try to fix this. It's not too, too bad, but you want it to look flawless, you know? Without blemish.

Lev 4:23 - Or if his sin, wherein he hath sinned, come to his knowledge; he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a male without blemish.

I WANT MY PANELING TO BE LIKE A KID OF THE GOATS.

No comments:

Post a Comment