Monday, November 23, 2009

Residents

Me: It's like having pets!
Annie: Except you don't love them!

This exchange occurred this weekend, regarding some unwelcome residents in the Claim Shanty. What are the requirements for a pet?

1) Shelter it. - These animals have apparently been sharing our abode for a little while.
2) Feed it. - If they weren't finding food somehow, they wouldn't stick around. We wash dishes and wipe counters after every meal; I guess they're eating drywall?
3) Clean up after it. - This is how we knew we had been invaded. I will say no more.

I have a rule. I have often said that if I have to house it, feed it, and clean up after it, that I would expect it to thank me when it came of age. Many of you may consider me hard-hearted, but I really don't go for pets, especially mammalian ones. So I have been enforcing my rule this weekend - lethally. Two corpses later, we may have thwarted the takeover.

I have never washed my hands so often in my life.

Leviticus 11:26 - [The carcases] of every beast which divideth the hoof, and [is] not clovenfooted, nor cheweth the cud, [are] unclean unto you: every one that toucheth them shall be unclean.

This whole post may have been hard to follow. Forgive me for speaking in riddles!

No comments:

Post a Comment