Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Post 101!

Hi, All,

This is post number one-hundred and one. I don't believe I have ever kept up anything like this kind of reliability in anything like a correspondence. I am swelling with pride.

The wainscoting story has gotten ahead of itself. I forgot to mention that before we glued or nailed anything, we used a chalk line and a level to mark the top line of our panels. Since the chair rail rests on this line, it needed to be as straight and level as possible. Also, the 5-inch-plus baseboards would cover up any unevenness on the bottom side.

Once a panel had glue, I placed it and used a finish nailer to lock it in place. The studs had been marked, so I was able to put nails in the top and bottom at each stud. I also put nails in the halfway points between studs to keep the panel flush with the wall. That way, the panel wouldn't give when you pressed on it.

That's a lot to read at once, and it's only the beginning! Hasta maƱana!

No comments:

Post a Comment