Thursday, November 5, 2009

WAINSCOTING

All right, this is it. Annie has a teaching gig tonight, so I have the house to myself. It's time to get that paneling cut and nailed/adhered to the wall. I think I have everything I need, except a 9 volt battery. Here's the plan.

1) Purchase at least one nine-volt battery.

2) Measure the paneling.

3) Set up the table saw.

4) Cut the paneling.

5) Place the paneling, verifying correct dimensions when level.

6) Locate construction adhesive and get the caulking gun ready.

7) Prep the compressor and finish nailer.

8) Put nine-volt battery into studfinder.

9) Locate and mark the studs.

10)Slather adhesive onto each panel, then place it and nail it.

11)Nail in corner trim for the baseboards.

12)Measure and cut the baseboards.

13)Nail the baseboards in place.

14)Measure and miter the quarter round.

15)Nail the quarter round in place.

16)Measure and miter the chair rail.

17)Nail the chair rail in place, using a scarf joint to connect the two pieces required for the longer wall.

18)Measure and cut the vertical trim pieces for the corners.

19)Nail the vertical trim pieces into place.

Voila! That simple!

Here's an oldie but a goodie:

Proverbs 16:9 - A man's heart deviseth his way: but the LORD directeth his steps.

I'll let you know what step I got to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment