Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Weed Et

This weekend, I attempted to perform the customary maintenance rituals on our lawn. The grass had grown quite high enough, so I went after it with gusto. Until the lawnmower gave out, the blade shaft bent once again. But then...

Then, I pulled out our weed eater for the first time. It's electric, thus requiring our exceptionally long, heavy-gauge extension cord. The vegetation around our house had begun growing into the siding, so it was an appropriate debut moment.

I've used gas-powered weed eaters before, but this has them beat. It's light, it's effective, and I understand how the line feeds from the spool into the outside world.

I had a good time, and our siding is safe from vine-related incursions.

Proverbs 24:27 - Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.

No comments:

Post a Comment