Thursday, December 3, 2009

Cold Floors

The floors in our house are pretty cold right now. I think it's because there's no insulation in the crawlspace. What an adventure! Maybe that'll be a task for next week...along with laying down plastic under the house.

First step is estimating material. I need to get under there and measure the joist spacing so I know what width of insulation batts to get. While I'm at it, I need to inspect the floor from beneath and note any rotted portions. Those will need to be replaced.

After this, I'll need to measure inside the house to estimate total square footage. This will also tell me about how much plastic sheeting to get for the crawlspace.

Once all this is done, I'll have to get the materials, and then spend an evening or two under the house with a light and some duct tape and get busy.

Let me know if you have any tips!

Luke 14:28 - For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have [sufficient] to finish [it]?

No comments:

Post a Comment