Thursday, January 21, 2010

Attic Time

Annie's brother visited us recently, also staying the night, and while he was here I jumped up into the attic. It was my first time with my whole person in the garret area and it was a real eye-opener. There are things up there. There is junk and spiders and old insulation that doesn't work anymore. I think we'll have to insulate up there, too. In addition to all that, though, there's a wasp nest.

That's right, folks, I went up there with a can of spectricide and a take-no-prisoners attitude. And caution. As I crept through the entirety of the attic space, I examined each rafter and ceiling joist, each plank of decking, and found no wasp nest. I did find a wasp. He is now deceased.

There is one area of the attic I couldn't reach because it was closed off with ductwork. I suppose the nest might be in there, but I couldn't see every part of it. Without the line of sight, I couldn't spray the nest-killer.

Perhaps I should go up again soon with a bit more determination.

Proverbs 25:24 - [It is] better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.

Glad I don't have to do either. Annie doesn't brawl!

No comments:

Post a Comment