Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Used a Table Saw Last Night

Last night saw the beginnings of trim-cuttings. I measured the pieces, worked long and hard at finding a way to cut sixteen-foot lengths on a four-foot table saw, and then tried the pieces against our walls.

Not all walls are straight, apparently.

In our case, I doubt that any of our walls are straight.

I have a lot of cutting ahead of me. I'm focusing on baseboards right now, and Annie is painting the plinths and rosettes for the door trim. I feel all handy, now that I know what a plinth is. Once the rosettes are done, we can measure and cut door casing. Maybe then we won't have a huge pile of wood in our living room/kitchen floor.

Ecclesiastes 4:12 - And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
And a phalanx of baseboards is not easily deal-with-able, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment